April 2019 saw Colvir Software Solutions complete its project for system version upgrade in AzerPost JSC. AzerPost JSC is a Government-controlled company in Azerbaijan, the national postal network operator, and an active Colvir customer since 2009.
Farid Gashimov, Director, Department for Supervision and Audit of AzerPost Departments, Commission Chairman of the Working Group for the Implementation of the New Colvir System Version with AzerPost JSC»:
“Today AzerPost is offering postal as well as banking services. The current digital epoch requires automation of business processes, establishment of digital postal branches, integration of new solutions with third parties and partners. In the light of all these new requirements we made the decision to upgrade Colvir software to the latest version.
Given the social significance of AzerPost and the fact that AzerPost today provides its services via its 1497 postal branches throughout Azerbaijan, the project required a lot of effort to complete. As a result of the invested effort the system was successfully upgraded within the space of 36 hours, while in parallel continuing to support availability of all core services for the public.
As a result of the JSC AzerPost system upgrade performed:
- The original database has been split into two databases, financial and postal, producing an increase in system performance;
- The Colvir CBS version has been upgraded up to the latest one;
- The existing infrastructure has been moved to the AzIntelCom cloud space offering great opportunities in terms of system scalability and performance;
- A Service Bus has been put in place and will facilitate third party connectivity thus boosting business integration in JSC AzerPost;
- Projects were initiated to deploy Single Counter and Mobile Postman solutions that will speed customer service delivery throughout the network;
- Foundation was laid for other functionalities that will in future facilitate AzerPost transformation to enable provision of state-of-the-art digital postal and banking services.
On behalf of JSC AzerPost we would like to thank the Colvir Software Solutions team for their excellent professional performance on the project!”
Alexander Bogdanov, CEO of Colvir Software Solutions:
«The project to upgrade the system version for JSC AzerPost was carried out for an existing active customer, and was quite a serious and complex one in terms of the range of tasks that had to be performed. Our company professionals made a very important step in the development of the postal system in Azerbaijan. Having observed the progress on this project, I believe that it demonstrated a good level of skills both in project management and in handling of individual project tasks by project team members».